My Favorite Negotiation Skills Books for Women
- Women Don’t Ask is not a skills book (although there are some research-based nuggets), but a fascinating look at the why behind women’s reluctant “asking behaviors,” as the authors label it.
- Ask For It — After Women Don’t Ask came out, readers clamored for more practical how-to tactics from the authors. This book is the follow up and delivers the goods. Their “Negotiation Gym” found in Chapter 12 is especially empowering.
- A Woman’s Guide to Successful Negotiating, 2nd Edition — The “convince, collaborate and create” is a user-friendly framework for building your negotiating skills. Lots of practical examples, including in salary negotiation and in everyday relationships.
- Negotiation Genius — Ready for the intermediate level of learning? This book is helpful when you need “…to prepare to execute complex negotiations that entail multiple issues, complex analysis and considerable uncertainty.”
- Getting to Yes: Negotiating Agreement Without Giving In — Get the latest edition of this best-selling classic book to learn a proven method for reaching personal and professional agreements. One of the first I learned from and worth your time.
Flexible NEW Job or Career
- FlexJobs is a premier job listing service for professionals. Don’t be put off by the modest fee; they are legitimate. I know the CEO, Sara Fell, and a few staffers, and they are providing a top-notch service for people looking for flexible jobs. (They’re so good, I’m a FlexJobs affiliate.)
- How and Where to Find a Flexible NEW Job includes a list of flexible work staffing agencies.
Flex Your Current Job
- My Premium Proposal Packages for flexible work are the most popular products at Work Options. Choose the version that matches your needs: Telecommuting ● Compressed Workweek ● Part-time ● Job Sharing
- A Custom Flex Strategy Session gives you a new awareness of what’s possible for a flexible work life to match your circumstances.
Maternity Leave & Returning to Work
- Max Your Maternity Leave guides you to write a solid plan and proposal for the time off you need.
Pay Raise Negotiation
- My Salary Accelerator Course at Pay Raise Prep School for Women is a seven-day road map for getting your best raise ever. Build your case and your confidence to ask so you can finally get the salary you deserve.