Sure, you have a ton of questions — How many weeks do I get? How can I get more paid maternity leave? When should I ask for it? — but you don’t have to figure it out by yourself. I have a process that provides step-by-step guidance to get you through the maternity leave maze.
Choose your trimester and follow the steps below to map out your plan.
Your First Trimester
- Download the free maternity leave proposal template to recognize options.
- Check the list of articles below for ones that match your needs.
Your Second Trimester
Your Third Trimester
- Complete and fine-tune your Max Your Maternity Leave plan.
- Practice your “pitch” to your manager.
- Present your proposal to your manager.
More Maternity Leave Planning Help
Why You Should Request to Work from Home Early in Your Pregnancy
No Maternity Leave Policy? Make Your Own!
5 Ways to Return to Work After Leave
Case Study: Know All Your Return-to-Work Options
Can You Afford Part-time Hours?
Working from Home: How Many Days Should You Request?
How to Return to Work Part-time Under FMLA*
Telecommuting + Baby: Make the Right Arrangements*
Best Flexible Work Choices for Nursing Moms*
Flexible Paternity Leave and RTW Options for Dads*
*Find these return-to-work articles in your copy of Max Your Maternity Leave.